The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) is front-of-mind for all of us. It is a dynamic and global situation and we are all in it together. IPAR is taking a precautionary approach to managing the spread of COVID-19, which is in line with the latest national health advice.
Centralised information, planning and expertise
IPAR’s parent company, MedHealth, has a working group to ensure we are sharing information, optimising our preparation and managing any issues that may arise from the COVID-19 outbreak. This group monitors the situation daily.
We are well positioned to access any additional expert advice we may need. Our Chief Medical Officer, Dr Peter Steadman, has engaged the services of two leading doctors to contribute, assisting with specific disease advice and organisational health management.
We are basing all our centralised advice and screening protocols on the Australian Department of Health advice and daily updates.
As much as possible, our operations will proceed as normal. As always, in the event of any disruption or changes, we will keep you fully informed.
Your clients visiting our premises
All our premises are operating with robust screening and management protocols, our focus is on safeguarding all our visitors.
- All appointment reminder processes whether by phone, email or text (where allowed) screen clients for any overseas travel and / or recent symptoms of cold or influenza, including shortness of breath, fever, etc. This occurs 1-2 days before clients are to attend appointments at our premises.
- Additionally, all front-of-house team members screen clients upon arrival:
- Do you have COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you travelled overseas and returned to Australia in the past 14 days?
- (For TAS, SA, WA, NT, QLD only) Have you travelled within Australia in the past 14 days?
- Appointments should not proceed for anyone answering yes to the above, however can be re-booked after a fortnight.
- MedHealth has set up an advisory hotline on COVID-19, offering advice and support on each unique scenario for our people. Should a client present at our premises with any potential exposure to COVID-19, our team member calls the hotline for advice on next steps, while also immediately isolating the individual in question, ensuring mask use and supporting them to mitigate risk as they travel home to seek medical support via telephone. Under consultation with the Specialist, the appointment does not go ahead if there is any identified risk.
Protocols, support and considerations for our people
If any of our team members are unwell, we ask they do not come into the office. This is for any illness, whether respiratory or not. It is an especially important principle at the moment.
We are following all Australian Department of Health guidelines on travel and self-imposed quarantine.
Additionally, MedHealth’s employer direct business Cogent Thinking has been operating a hotline within MedHealth since 2 March, to support our team in managing risk and ensuring safety.
As always, IPAR puts the health and safety of our people, customers and clients at the forefront of our thinking and actions. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if there are any issues you would like to discuss.